Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm still Amazed!

Today, Jacob and I were heading into town, and I started thinking about what Mrs. Hughes said in our devotion on Monday night. She asked us to consider Mary, and what it was like that first Christmas night when Jesus was born. I started thinking how Mary must have loved holding the Son of God in here arms. Then, I thought about Jesus as a baby, and how his little hands that Mary probably held grew into the hands that were nailed to a cross, and how is little head that Mary probably kissed was crowned with thorns, and that perfect little boy that Mary watched grow was crucified for my sins. I'm still amazed how much God loves us all, and so thankful for the gift of Salvation. I'm so happy that my family knows the true meaning of Christmas, and I look forward to sharing that with Jacob as he gets older.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Tears...thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

B.E.Hughes said...

It is such a blessing to me that my "pondering" has gone a "wandering" into your thoughts, too. That devotion is something I mulled over for a month!
http://be-hughes.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-christmas-mary.html

It still amazes me that God would go to such lengths to give His Son a precious family to love and guide Him thru His early years, to teach and protect him. To think that Mary taught Jesus how to walk on feet that would walk one day to Calvary... my, my... deep thinking! (beats "stinkin' thinkin'")

Thank you for listening... I sometimes wonder if there is anyone at home out there!